History of Sponsorship
Prior sponsors throughout the year included:
Sponsorship efforts are long-term journey.
In the first weeks, sponsorship research can lean heavily on proof of concept as to what has already happened in Canada. A big sponsor investment becomes low risk as evidence mounts as to the programs effectiveness and legacy.
Discovery on where the programs have been in the past and market reach potential are expected.
Branding the content
As marketing materials are rolled out in the USA, the influences of Canada's roots can be downplayed. Most mentions of CANADA in the printed materials can be eliminated. Likewise, it would be wonderful to INSERT the new sponsor branding at the same time, rather than re-brand all the content for a second and third time. Let's retain certain spots for additional branding capabilities.
- We do like the idea of sponsorship, but getting the right sponsors is going to take time and effort.
- Premise: We do not want to take any company.
- Premise: You can only sell the farm once.
Different levels of sponsors.
- Minor sponsors
- Major sponsors
- Might leave this open for now.
Sponsorship History in Swimming
When Canada's program was established, two significant sponsors were obtained, Esso and Sears. Over the years they went different ways with their marketing budgets. But their investment was well received.
- Esso past sponsorship of Swimming in Canada generated more than $1M per year.
- USA Swimming's charge for sponsors to use its USA Swimming logo costs more than $ 40K per year. (speculation)
• Gold Package $250,000
• Silver Package. $150,000
• Bronze Package $ 100,000
Many sports programs don’t a great job with sponsors. It’s a contract and you have to deliver what you sign on for. Looking for sponsors takes time and investment, and we must remember we can only have one of each product. For example, One Swimming company- One Hotel Chain- One Bank- One Food Chain. We do have an amazing product to sell and we can I sure get people to listen.
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Dairy Queen
- Pizza Hut
- Baskin Robbins
- Pizza Hut
- IBM (sponsors digital badges with Credly)
- Crocs, or another footwear company
- Olukai, sandals
- Go Henry
- Group 360, 727-741-0597, Chris, ex-swimmer
- 84 Sign Shop
Worldwide Olympic Sponsors
- Bridgestone (tire company)