Road map for tracking swimming teachers in in practical skills includes a process.
For some in Canada, the hurdles of expenses and time are high when trying to tick off all the boxes to become a swim coach.
- Numbers of hours
- Fees for courses and certifications
- Travel to learning centers
- Connecting, scheduling and visiting with willing and available mentors at appropriate times and places.
Some individuals advance to become full time coaches.
Becoming a full-time coach often hinges upon the employer. Who instructors work for has a big influence on an aquatic-career's pathway and its pace.
- When a swim instructor works for a club, and if
- that person enjoys swim club swimming, and if
- that person feels supported, then
- that employment route is often traveled successfully.
- When a swim instructor works for a city or university's recreation program, and if
- the instructor is proficient, then,
- it is often the case that the individual would likely stay on that pathway.
Wages difference are vast, among the various routes in aquatics.