Affiliate percentages changes from industry to industry, and also depending on product type and also what the sales agent / affiliate negotiates.
Before Ken promote anything as an affiliate, these questions are asked:
- Does it directly help our audience?
- Is the product really, really good? (We want to see it and use it).
- Would we be doing our audience a disservice by not telling them about it (would we promote it anyway even if we werent getting paid to).
- What is the maximum order value (including add ons and upsells) and how does that equate to our potential earning per customer?
- What is the conversion rate on the whole funnel?
- What are the payment terms (anything longer than 35 days we pass on)
- Is there an opportunity for recurring commission?
Usually one-time purchase things are at LEAST 50% commission. We've seen people doing 150%+ commission to entice affiliates.
Recurring can be anything, but its lower, sometimes up to 30% recurring.