THE SWIM ACADEMY
- Swimming Skills for Life
- Innovative learn-to-swim program developed by aquatic leaders and sports bodies with more than a 35 year track record.
- Known for its expert conductors and teachers who customize lessons that are tailored to challenge every swimmers' individual ability levels.
- Mission: To promote positive, active, healthy lifestyles through programs that encourage participation, fun & success!
I Can Swim
- Uses a learner centered approach to teaching.
- Focuses on individual progress rather than a pass / fail methodology.
- Structured to develop competitive technique and early introduction of the competitive strokes: fly, back, breast, freestyle and underwater streamlines.
- High Five is a program of Parks and Recreation Ontario (PRO).
- High Five promotes child safety, well being and healthy development.
- Healthy child development should be a constant priority with children focused activities.
- Mission: High Five is committed to assisting children along the path of healthy development by: ensuring that recreation and sport practitioners develop a high level of knowledge and expertise in child development; helping parents to make informed choices; and providing practitioners with tools for enhancing and maintaining a high level of program quality.
Canada's National Coaching Certification Program
- Canada's National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is a joint federal-provincial undertaking dedicated to improving coaching effectiveness in amateur sport.
- Includes novice-to-master coaches in more than 50 sports.
- Aims to improve the sport experience for coaches working with developing athletes involved in school, club or community sport; and to improve the success of high performance athletes competing at the provincial, national, and international levels.
- Canada's National Coaching Certification Program has policies and procedures for swimming that match those of the Coaching Association of Canada, Swimming/Natation Canada and the Canadian Swimming Coaches Association.
Canadian Swimming Coaches & Teachers Association (CSCTA)
- A member of Swimming /Natation Canada
- Represents professional swimming coaches.
- Responsible for the development of education programs for members
- Manages content and implementation of the swimming specific portions of the National Coaching Certification Program.
- Works jointly with THE SWIM ACADEMY to provide education, training and resources.
- Mission: To provide technical input and leadership to members and Swimming/Natation Canada.
- BC is British Columbia, a province in Canada.
- The organization, Swim BC, used to manage the I Can Swim program in a prior version.
National Coaching Certification Program
- Canada has had such a program for coaches and instructors.
Swimming Canada / Natation Canada
- The I Can Swim program was launched in 1998. Swimming Canada / Natation Canada, when its headquarters was at Talisman Centre, Calgary, Alberta, was the original developer.
- Swimming Canada is the Canadian national governing body for competitive swimming in Canada, much like USA Swimming is the NGB in the USA.
- Now headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario.
- The Canadian way deploys both the English and French languages, hence the slash.
Canadian Sport for Life
- Also shows as CS4L.
- I Can Swim is aligned with CS4L, a movement to improve the quality of sport and physical activity in Canada through improved athlete training and better integration among all stakeholders in the sport system, including sport organizations, education, recreation and health.
- A key feature of CS4L is long-term athlete development (LTAD), a developmental pathway whereby athletes follow optimal training, competition, and recovery regimens from childhood through all phases of adulthood.
International Swim Coaches Association
- Organization taking the leading role in launching and supporting ISCA's Lifespan Aquatics Programming in the United States.
- Mission: Provides swimming coaches and teachers with an exceptional, science-based education, while fostering an international network of professionals that define the future of swimming.
- Nonprofit that advances water safety and the aquatics, disk game of SKWIM.
- SKWIM helps kids and adults with water safety, fitness and plenty of other soft skills such as sportsmanship and teamwork.
American Water Polo
- Nonprofit, membership organization that organizes and educates in the realm of water polo at grassroots, collegiate and masters levels.
Swim Strong Foundation
- A nonprofit in New York that champions the modules, Know Before You Go (TM), a part of the ISCA's Lifespan Aquatics Programming.
- The YMCAs do not generally conduct swimming instructional programs outside of their own facilities.
Organizations in US market
- USA Swimming, the National Governing Body for competitive swimming in the USA, promotes promotes safe and healthy opportunities for athletes and coaches through clubs, events and education. Membership ranges from swimmers of every age and ability to the Olympic Team, as well as coaches, officials and volunteers.
- Priorities include competitive success, support of athletes, coaches and clubs and publicity.
- VISION: To inspire and enable our members to achieve excellence in the sport of swimming and in life.
- USA Swimming should, and we will, embrace its responsibility to grow the sport, recognizing the importance of each level and continue to search for ways to strengthen areas that aren’t directly governed by USA Swimming.
USA Swimming Foundation
- Make A Splash
American Swim Coaches Association
Perhaps, the best pathway for the near-term future is to avoid conflicts with clubs that are successfully utilizing SwimAmerica, unless that club has signaled that it desires a change. ISCA's LAP does not seek to create too many battles.
British Swim Schools
- The YWCA has taken on a role that is devoted to social justice in recent decades and has gotten away from swimming programs. The YWCA closed its swim pool in Pittsburgh's downtown in the early 1990s.
Boys & Girls Clubs
Boy Scouts of America
Organizations offering First Aid and Lifesaving Standards
American Red Cross (in USA)
American Red Cross (in Canada)
Ellis & Associates
American Heart Association
Starfish Aquatics Institute
Organizations offering child protection courses and clearances
International Water Safety Foundation
International Water Safety Day
Diversity In Aquatics